- An exercise mat can be used for comfort
- Control the motion- do not swing your arms
- Do not hold your breath
Straight Arm Abdominals Crunches
This exercise targets your middle and upper abdominals and requires no equipment to perform.
Middle & Upper Abdominals
2 Days a Week to
3 Days a Week
Starting Position: Lie on the floor, face up with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor. Your feet should be shoulder width apart. Keep your head on the ground and your arms straight out next to you, parallel to your body.
- 1 Exhaling, crunch up so that your head and upper back are off the floor. As you do, reach your arms out in front of you towards your knees, but to the sides of them. Keep your lower back on the ground at all times.
- 2 Hold for a two second count, then inhale and resume starting position.
- 3Repeat this exercise until you have completed all repetitions for the set.