- Keep your back flat on the bench
- Do not use your resting arm for support, simply rest it next to you
- Perform with a spotter
Single Arm Dumbbell Flyes
This exercise targets your middle chest and provides a low cardio benefit. It also works your shoulders and triceps.
Pectoralis Major (Middle Chest), Deltoids (Shoulders), Triceps
2 days a Week to
3 days a Week
Flat Bench, Dumbbell
Starting Position: Lie on the flat bench, face up with your knees bent, feet on the platform. Hold a dumbbell in one hand with an underhand grip and extend your arm straight out to your sides. Your upper arm should be parallel with the floor and your forearm angled out wide. Rest your other arm on the bench by your side.
- 1 Exhaling, slowly bring your
hand up until it is directly over your chest. Keep your arm extended and elbow bent the entire time.
- 2 Hold for a one count, then inhale and slowly lower your arms back down to starting
- 3 Repeat this exercise until you have completed all repetitions for the set.