- Focus on breathing
- Keep your back flat, do not hunch over in the squat
- Do not lift with your neck
Military Press With One Kettlebell
This exercise targets the sides of your shoulders and provides a moderate cardio benefit.
Lateral Deltoids (Side Shoulders)
1 Day a Week to
3 Days a Week
Starting Position: Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, toes pointing forward. Hold a kettlebell by the handle in one hand with an overhand grip, palm facing you. Tuck your elbow into your side and hold the kettlebell at shoulder level, arm curled. Hang your other arm straight down at your side.
- 1 Exhaling, squat down like you are going to sit in a chair, pushing your backside towards the wall behind you.
- 2 Quickly explode up to a standing position while extending the kettlebell straight up above your shoulder. Rotate your wrist slightly so at the peak of the motion, your palm is facing the way you are looking.
- 3 Inhale and slowly return your arm to starting position.
- 4 Repeat this exercise until you have completed all repetitions for the set, then switch arms and repeat.