- An exercise mat can be used for comfort
- Do not use your arms to support the movement
- Control the movement- do not swing your legs
Lying Reverse Abdominals Crunches
This exercise targets your lower abdominals area and requires no equipment to perform.
1 Day a Week to
3 Days a Week
Starting Position: Lay flat on your back with your hands palms down underneath your butt, head on the mat and legs straight out in front of you.
- 1 Keeping your legs together,
exhale, bend your knees and bring them towards
your head, to slightly more than a 90 degree angle. While doing this, bring your shoulders off the mat and your chin to your chest.
- 2 Inhale and lower your legs
to starting position. For added benefit, do not touch your heels to the mat, but keep your legs 1-2 inches above it before repeating the movement.
- 3 Repeat this exercise until you have completed all repetitions for the set.