- Perform exercise with a spotter
- Do not lock your arms, keep a slight bend in your elbows
- Control the weight- do not just swing your arms up and down
Lying High Cable Curls
This exercise targets your biceps and provides a low cardio benefit.
2 Days a Week to
3 Days a Week
Cable Pulley System, Flat Bench
Starting Position: Position a flat bench directly in front of a cable machine so when you lay down on the bench, your head is right under the bar. Lie on the bench, face up with your head hanging off the front, feet flat on the floor on each side of the bench. You should be perpendicular to the machine, your head closest to it. Grab the bar with an underhand grip, your arms fully extended over your chest.
- 1 Exhaling, slowly curl the
weight towards your forehead, bringing your forearms down so your elbows are pointing straight up to
the ceiling. Keep your elbows shoulder width apart, do not flare them out.
- 2 Inhale and slowly return your arms back to starting position.
- 3Repeat this exercise until you have completed all repetitions for the set.