- Great solo exercise- no spotter required
- Keep your elbows tucked close to your head to
maximize the use of your triceps
- More weight is not always better; use a weight that feels comfortable
Lying Dumbbell Extensions
This exercise targets your triceps and provides a low cardio benefit.
2 Days a Week to
3 Days a Week
Standard Flat Bench, Dumbbell
Starting Position: Lie on the flat bench, face up with your knees bent, feet flat on the floor. Hold a dumbbell vertically with both hands, one over the other under the large lip on the top of the dumbbell. Extend your arms straight up over your chest.
- 1 Bending at the elbows,
inhale and slowly lower the weight until it reaches behind your head.
- 2 Exhale and slowly extend your
arms back to starting position.
- 3Repeat this exercise until you have completed all repetitions for the set.