- Find your center of gravity for balance
- Contract your abdominals the entire time
Leg & Arm Extension
This exercise targets your gluteals and provides a low cardio benefit. It also works your abdominals.
Gluteals (Glutes), Abdominals
1 Day a Week to
3 Days a Week
Starting Position: Lay on your stomach on the center of an exercise ball. Extend your legs straight out behind you at shoulder width, up on your toes. Place your palms flat on the ground, one next to the ball and one about six inches in front of it.
- 1 Simultaneously, slowly lift your extended arm and the opposite leg (ex. right arm and left leg) up to shoulder height, so that they form a straight line. Keep your other hand and foot on the ground, and your head straight.
- 2 Hold for a one count, then lower back down to starting position.
- 3 Repeat this exercise until you have completed all repetitions for the set.