- Perform exercise with a spotter
- Control the weights, especially on the way down
Decline Dumbbell Flyes
This exercise targets your lower chest and provides a low to moderate cardio benefit. It also works your shoulders.
Pectoralis Minor (Lower Chest), Deltoids (Shoulders)
1 Day a Week to
3 Days a Week
Free Standing Decline Bench, Dumbbells
Starting Position: Position yourself on the bench with your feet locked into place. Hold a dumbbell in each hand with an overhand grip, palms facing each other, holding them by the sides of your chest. Your upper arms should be parallel to the ground and your forearms angled out.
- 1 Exhaling, lift your hands towards each other in an explosive fashion until your arms are fully extended and the dumbbells are touching.
- 2 Inhale and slowly return your arms back down to starting position.
- 3 Repeat this exercise until you have completed all repetitions for the set.