- Perform exercise with a spotter
- Keep your back straight by looking upwards
- Do not lean forward too much
This exercise targets your quadriceps and provides a moderate to high cardio benefit. It also works your hamstrings and calves.
Quadriceps (Quads), Hamstrings, Calves
1 Day a Week to
3 Days a Week
Barbell, Plate Weights
Moderate to High
Starting Position: Stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart, toes pointing forward. Hold a barbell with an overhand grip behind your neck, resting it on your shoulders.
- 1 Slowly squat down until your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- 2 Slowly stand back up, returning
to the starting position.
- 3 Repeat until you have finished all repetitions.